Home/Blog / What Kind of Dentist Does a Toothache Need?

What Kind of Dentist Does a Toothache Need?

If I have a toothache, that’s not on the tooth, but in the gums, what is the best dentist to go to a regular dentist or a root canal dentist?



At this point, the best dentist for you to see would be a general dentist (also known as a family dentist). Your dentist will do some diagnositic tests to determine what is really going on.

Sometimes injury or trauma can cut off the blood flow to a tooth and, as it dies, it gives off these kinds of warning signs.

It sounds like you have some tooth pulp dying. Your dentist will be able to tell and determine the best course of action.

Don’t put off getting this looked at because if it is a pulp issue, then you could have an infection blow up very quickly.

This blog is brought to you by Dr. David Newkirk.